At Farnley Tyas First School, we are committed to our whole school values of “Trust, Peace, Compassion, Friendship and Forgiveness.” We aim to develop a culture of inclusion and diversity - celebrating the ways in which we are each different while highlighting the many ways in which we are all the same.
The Equality Act 2010 sets out the duty of public bodies, including schools to have due regard to the need to:
· Eliminate discrimination and other conduct that is prohibited by the Act,
· Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it,
· Foster good relations across all characteristics - between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
As part of this, the school selects some objectives to achieve over a four-year period to show our commitment to the Equality Act 2010 and these objectives, which you may read about below, focus on areas where we wish to take action to improve equality and tackle discrimination.
On a yearly basis, we will review the objectives, possibly adding further objectives if needed, all as part of our aim to ensure success for each and every child in our school.
Green Hills First Federation Equality Objectives
· To ensure that Equality, Diversity and Inclusion is embedded within our curriculum and contributes to maximizing the Federation initiatives while retaining its unique status.
· To ensure all that the curriculum and extra-curricular activities are accessible to all
(as referenced in Equality Act 2010).
· To ensure that all genders have the same opportunities and engagement and achieve
Green Hills First Federation welcomes it’s duties under the Equality Act 2010.
Please see our Equality Diversity and Inclusion Policy in Information - Virtual Office - School Policies.