'Working together to be the best we can be'
Across the Greenhills First Federation we are dedicated to creating an enjoyable and engaging experience of music for all children.
We encourage the children to:
· participate in a variety of musical experiences
· actively increase their creativity, self-confidence and sense of achievement
· develop a love of music
We aim to provide a music curriculum that fulfils the requirements of the National Curriculum and encompasses British Values, whilst encouraging our children to look for the awe and wonder in the world around us and celebrate our part in this.
Through our Christian or individual beliefs we develop our spirituality and opportunities for reflection through learning about Music.
Music permeates our whole school life.
Through classroom activities, music performances and assembly times we:
· sing, listen, play, perform and evaluate
· gain first hand experiences from visiting musicians and taking part in musical events
· develop community links with churches and other places in the local area
Children also have opportunities to learn instruments with visiting peripatetic teachers from Musica Kirklees
Below you can see examples of how Music looks at Farnley Tyas First School.
Music enriches the lives of people, and so we wish to involve as many children as possible in musical activities.
When children leave Greenhills First Federation, we aim to have helped them build, through the rich opportunities that our music curriculum offers, a love of music and have increased levels of self-confidence.