As of July 2015, under the Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015, it became the duty of all schools (and other organisations) to safeguard children from radicalisation and extremism. All schools have a responsibility to protect pupils from extremist and violent views, and also to teach and promote values such as mutual respect and tolerance.
British Values include: -
- The rule of law
- Individual liberty and mutual respect
- Tolerance of different faiths and beliefs
Within our school we work hard to enable our pupils to become positive, confident and respectful members of society.
This is supported by: -
- Having a school mission statement with clear aims and visions.
- Providing a safe, secure environment for pupils to learn in.
- Exploring different religions and cultures as part of our curriculum and within religious education lessons.
- Promoting the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of pupils by providing a Personal, Social, Health and Citizenship programme.
- Promoting safe use of the internet and providing safe, secure access to the internet within school.
- Promoting community cohesion by establishing and maintaining contact with local community groups, other local schools and schools in contrasting localities.
- Having a school council and ensuring that all pupils are valued and listened to.
Farnley Tyas First School Safeguarding Officer - Mrs Claire Minogue 01484 666714
Kirklees Prevent Hub: 01924 483747 Email: prevent@Kirklees.gov.uk